B5L 3D TOF Sensor Module
Real-time 3D sensing of distance to humans or objects
- Ambient light immunity equivalent to 100,000 lx, allowing measurement even in bright places. *1
- High output accuracy of ±2% (2 m) for compensated signals. *2
- Long life of approx. 5 years under continuous driving thanks to OMRON’s unique circuit design and heat emission design. *3
- With interference prevention function *4
*1.The accuracy of product specifications is not guaranteed. *2.According to OMRON’s evaluation method *3.The result of reliability acceleration test at the ambient temperature of 20°C and the humidity of 65%RH, not the product warranty period. *4.Up to 17 ID settings can be made depending on the command.
When this function runs, the accuracy of product specifications is not guaranteed for settings other than ID=8 (default).
|Model||2D/3D CAD||ECAD(Download symbol,FootPrint,3DCAD)
* External site (Ultra Librarian) opens in a new window.
|Detection principle||Detection range (white paper)||NIR transmission filter||Model||Minimum delivery unit|
|TOF (Time of Flight)||Available (Built-in)||B5L-A2S-U01-010||1 pc|
|Light source||LED NIR 940 nm|
|Power supply voltage||VDC24+/-10%|
|Average during measurement: 0.3 A *1
Maximum: 3 A (Reference) *1
|Ambient temperature||Operation: 0 to +50°C *2
Storage: -20 to +60°C *2
|Ambient humidity||Operation/storage: 35 to 85%RH or less *3|
|Tightening torque of mounting hole||0.91 to 1.37 N·m|
|Vibration (durability)||10 to 150 Hz, 50 m/s2, complex amplitude of 0.7 mm or less
Scanning 3 times each in X, Y, Z directions for 8 min
|Impact (durability)||300 m/s2 3 times each in X, Y, Z directions|
|Appearance||Approx. 103×64.3×43.1 mm
Approx. 108.6×64.3×43.1 mm (including the Connector)
|Protective structure||IEC60529 IP10|
|Weight||Approx. 305 g|
|Materials||Frame: die-cast aluminum
Cover: polycarbonate (PC)
Filter: acrylic resin (PMMA)
Heat sink: aluminum
|*1.||Standard mode/exposure time setting=850 (default)|
|*2.||With no condensation or icing|
|*3.||With no condensation|
|Measurement distance||0.5 to 4 m|
|Detection resolution||Approx. 0.3°|
|Horizontal detection range
(angle of view)
|87° or above|
|Vertical detection range
(angle of view)
|67° or above|
|Distance accuracy||±2% (±4 cm) or less *4*5
at 2 m central part 10×10 pixels
|Repeating accuracy||1% (2 cm) or less *4*5
at 2 m central part 10×10 pixels
|Frame rate||Approx. 10 fps *4|
|Starting time||30 seconds or less *6|
|Warm-up time||Approx. 30 minutes *7|
|*4.||Distance accuracy and repeating accuracy are obtained under the following conditions:
• Based on OMRON’s measurement environment
• Ambient temperature: 25°C
• Standard mode/LED light projecting frequency ID=8 (default)
|*5.||Target object: Reflectance ratio 70% (white paper)
• Distance accuracy: Average of 100 measurements (10,000 pieces of data in total) at the central part (10×10 pixels) 2 m away from this product
• Repeating accuracy: Standard deviation of 100 measurements (10,000 pieces of data in total) at the central part (10×10 pixels) 2 m away from this product
Standard mode/exposure time setting=850 (default)
|*6.||Time from power ON until communication is possible|
|*7.||Time from power ON until performance becomes stable|
|Function||Receive commands from the host and return execution results.|
|Interface||USB2.0 CDC class|
|Communication protocol||Unique specifications. Refer to User’s Manual (Manual No.: E596-E1) for details.|
|Standard mode||Turn on the HDR function *8, and calculate the distance from two measurements.|
|High-speed mode||Turn off the HDR function *8, and calculate the distance from one measurement.|
|*8.||HDR function: A function that changes the shutter speed and performs the measurement multiple times.|
Specifications of output data
|Distance data||Indicate the 3D distance between B5L’s coordinate origin and the target object|
|Distance data in the form of orthogonal coordinate||Xo, Yo, Zo: XYZ coordinates with the coordinate origin as the origin|
|Distance data in the form of orthogonal coordinate rotation||Xr, Yr, Zr: Orthogonal coordinates after rotating around axes Xo, Yo, Zo at an angle set by the command|
|Distance data in the form of polar coordinate||r,θ,φ Polar coordinates based on orthogonal coordinates|
|Amplitude data||Light-receiving sensitivity of each pixel when LED is illuminated
16 bits (256 gradations)
|Note 1.||Refer to User’s Manual (Manual No.: E596-E1) for details|
|Note 2.||When the form of orthogonal coordinate or orthogonal coordinate rotation is specified, the distance data will be outputted in the form of PCD (Point Cloud Data).|
Precautions for Correct Use
Observe the following precautions to prevent failure to operate and malfunctions, and to prevent adversely affecting the performance and function of “the Product”.
- Store the Device at a temperature of -20°C to +60°C and a relative humidity level of 35% to 85%.
- Do not touch the board mounted parts with bare hands. Discharge any static electricity from the user before use.
- Take proper measures against static electricity by using an antistatic wrist strap, etc. before handling “the Product”.
- Make sure to properly ground the connector's earth terminal in order to prevent malfunction due to noise.
- Do not use “the Product” in places where the surrounding temperature goes above the rating range.
- Do not use “the Product” in a location where it would be subjected to direct sunlight.
- Do not use “the Product” in a location subject to excessive inductive or power supply noise, such as in strong magnetic or electric fields.
- Do not use “the Product” in a location where it would be subjected to strong UV light.
- Do not use “the Product” in a location where it would be subjected to radiation.
- Sufficiently evaluate the electrical characteristics of any connection to the Device.
- If the Customer designs such structures as NIR transmission filter and installs them in front of the light-projecting part or the light-receiving part, the detection performance will deteriorate due to NIR light transmittance. Therefore, design with margins giving consideration to deviation and other factors.
- The Customer should choose the power cable and USB cable after fully validating their applicability.
- Do not strongly pull the cable connected to the Device.
- Do not reversely insert the Connector.
- Do not forcibly insert any non-standard connector.
- Do not touch the light-projecting part or the light-receiving part.Clean the light-projecting part or the light-receiving part iffouled. Clean with a soft and dry cloth, avoiding damage to thelight-projecting part or the light-receiving part. Never usevolatile solvents such as benzine and thinner or chemicalwipers, etc.
- In order to improve long-term reliability of the Device, paysufficient attention to heat emission during installation.
- Install “the Product” at a sufficient distance from surroundingheat generating parts.
- When installing “the Product”, do not block the top surface,side surface and heat sink surface of the Device. Otherwise,heat cannot be emitted.
- “The Product” generates heat during operation. Since thesurrounding temperature rises due to heating, sufficientconsideration should be given to heat emission so that thesurrounding temperature will not go above the rating temperaturerange. In addition, do not fix “the Product” upside down.
- In case of instantaneous stop or power outage, when power isrestored, make sure to use “the Product” after resetting.
- If abnormality occurs in received data, restart the power or reset.
- Do not peel off the QR code label. Otherwise, lot tracing of “theProduct” will become impossible.
- Do not use “the Product” under conditions where it would besubjected to strong interfering light.
- If multiple units of “the Product” are used simultaneously,measurement may not be performed correctly due to theinfluence of NIR light transmitted from sources other than theDevice.
- Before using “the Product”, fully confirm if “the Product” can beused at the actual installation location.
In order to download this software, you must agree to the license agreement.
Download it from Github.