Parts Transfer Device
Sense presence of various trays
- ・On the conveyor, detect the presence of various types of trays containing components.
Issues & Requests
- ・Want to stably sense the presence of various types of trays.
- ・Need a sensor not sensing any distant non-tray objects.
- ・Want to reduce the types of the components on the equipment by using them commonly as much as possible.
Various types of trays are used by the user, for example, transparent or black.
General reflective sensors may not be able to stably detect a tray of low reflectance such as black colored ones. In addition, if raising the sensor’s sensitivity, a distant object may be detected unintentionally. External disturbing light such as sunlight and illumination may be incident on the sensor and lead to its malfunctioning depending on the place that the equipment is installed.
- ・Adopted model:
Light convergent reflective sensor B5W-LB2112-1
- ・This sensor is optically designed to detect objects with low reflectivity, such as transparent plastic and black. Therefore, it is useful for detecting different types of trays.
- ・If it is within the specified non-sensing range, it is possible to avoid malfunction due to a distant unintended object.
- ・This sensor has a function that makes it less susceptible to disturbance via light. However, it may malfunction depending on the type and intensity of the light disturbance, so install a sensor to prevent the light disturbance from entering.
- ・Two-way mounting holes provide greater freedom in mechanical design.
For details, refer to B5W-LB Series: Light Convergent Reflective Sensor User’s Manual.
- Distance Characteristics for
Various Reflective Objects
- Receiver Output-Sensing Distance Characteristics