Sense presence of various trays & tapes
- ・Detect the presence of various types of trays containing the target object or top-cover tapes.
Issues & Requests
- ・Want to stably detect various types of trays or tapes without making adjustments.
- ・Want to downsize the equipment by a sensor not detecting background objects.
- ・Want to reduce the types of the components by utilizing common use of various sensors on the equipment.
Automatic testers support various types of trays and tapes, for example, transparent or black, depending on the target object of testing or the equipment user. General sensors may need adjustment of sensing distance or sensitivity depending on the target object’s reflectance. In addition, if raising the sensor’s sensitivity to sense a black object, downsizing of the equipment may become difficult because background objects are detected.
- ・Adopted model:
Light convergent reflective sensor B5W-LB2112-1
- ・This sensor is optically designed to detect objects with low reflectivity, such as transparent plastic and black. Therefore, it is useful for detecting different types of trays and tapes.
- ・Since the sensing range for various objects is wide(refer to the figure below), the flutter of the tape can be tolerated to some extent.
- ・This sensor contributes to the downsizing of the equipment because there is no influence from background objects in the predetermined non-sensing range.
- ・Two-way mounting holes provide greater freedom in mechanical design.
For details, refer to B5W-LB Series: Light Convergent Reflective Sensor User’s Manual.
- Distance Characteristics for
Various Reflective Objects