Compact and high-functionality MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical Systems) technology
- Compact Integration of High Functionality
- Based on MEMS chips, ASICs and software algorithms are highly integrated into one compact package.
- Integrated Circuit Technology
- Signal processing from MEMS sensors, noise reduction, etc. have been compactly realized with dedicated circuits and ASICs
- Embedded Software Technology
- Miniaturized programming of original algorithms that interpret and judge the signal processing results
Core parts such as the MEMS chip and the ASIC are compactly packeged in the pressure sensor module with high precision and high reliability
Our seismic sensor module contributes to mitigation of secondary disasters caused by earthquakes. It is enabled by OMRON's original software algorithm*, which provides a output signal when the earthquake is equivalent to seismic intensity of 5+ on the Japanese scale.
* The algorithm calculate SI values which have high correlation with the measured seismic intensity, according to OMRON's research as of August 2021
Example of Gas Meter Application
- MEMS Pressure Sensing
- Sensing of supplied pressure in gas meter, manufacturing equipment, etc.
- MEMS Earthquake Detection
- Earthquake detection with gas meters, power breakers, manufacturing equipment, etc.
- MEMS Non-contact Thermal Sensing
- Detection of human presence for air conditioning and in residential and commercial facilities, as well as detection of objects inside refrigerators and microwave ovens