Sense presence of various packing films
- ・Sense the presence of packing films to issue signals such as film runout.
Issues & Requests
- ・Want to stably detect various types of packing films without making adjustment.
- ・Need a sensor allowing film’s flopping to some extent.
- ・Want to downsize the equipment by adopting a sensor sensing no background objects.
There are various types of packing films available such as transparent, colored with opal, or green, for example.
General sensors may need adjustments of sensitivity when using a different type of film or may detect the background when using transparent film. In addition, the new film set by the user may not be detected.
If raising sensors’ sensitivity to extend the sensors’ sensing distance with film’s flopping in mind, background objects are sensed, so downsizing of the equipment may become difficult.
- ・Adopted model:
Light convergent reflective sensor B5W-LB2112-1
- ・This sensor is optically designed to detect objects with low reflectivity, such as transparent plastic and black. Therefore, it is useful for detecting different types of film.
- ・Since the sending range for various objects is wide (refer to the figure below), fluttering of the packaging film can be tolerated to some extent.
- ・This sensor contributes to the downsizing of the equipment because there is no influence from background objects in the predetermined non-sensing range.
- Distance Characteristics for
Various Reflective Objects
- Receiver Output-Sensing Distance Characteristics