Issue date: September 2022.
2.Personal data we collect
For ordinary Personal Data:
- Your contact details. Your name, postal address and other contact details, such as your telephone number and e-mail address, your requests, any complaints you may have or any other data you may voluntarily provide.
- Information regarding your use of our online Services. This includes data regarding the pages you visit, the products and services you like and - if a webshop is in place - the content of your abandoned shopping cart.
- Your purchases online. The data we collect if you purchase a product online, such as the amount and date of your purchase, the product or service you purchase, the website through which you make your purchase, payment method, payment status, discount, delivery method and delivery address.
- Your reviews. The opinions, experiences, preferences and interests, and product or event reviews that you publish on our websites or share with us online or through social media.
- Your communication data. Your requests, any complaints you may have and any other data that we receive if we communicate with you by telephone, via e-mail, social media or other electronic means.
- Information collected from other sources. We may collect information from commercially available sources such as data aggregators and public databases. We may combine this information (e.g. name, interests, publicly observed data) with the information we collect from you to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our services and products and might request for your explicit consent separately if this is requested by law.
- Educational data. The data we collect if you participate in an e-learning or training course, such as course enrolments and attempts, completion records and certifications, passing grades and activity.
- Traffic data. The data we collect when you connect to our Omron guest (wifi) network. This includes for example your IP address and geolocation data.
For special categories of Personal Data:
3.Purposes of Use of Personal Data
OMRON collects and uses your Personal Data for the purposes below and on a lawful basis. Please know that insofar we already hold information about you, we may use that information for the same purposes.
- For the performance of our agreement with you: In order to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the information and services that you request, including handling your requests, inquiries or complaints. In case it is possible to order Products or to request Services online, we process this data in order to manage and handle your purchases and requests.
- For our or a third party’s legitimate commercial interests: We may use your Personal Data (both on aggregated and on individual basis), such as your contact details, your account and electronic identification data for the purpose of advertising our Products and Services, making contact with you for marketing or other commercial purposes if you are an existing customer. But also for analysing and improving the quality of our Products and Services, as well as, to understand you as a customer and to give you a better user experience. This enables us to create personal profiles and to assess what may interest you, to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising. When you participate in one of our e-learning or training courses, we will use Personal Data as necessary to provide such courses. Further, we use traffic data collected when you access our guest (wifi) network for the purposes of protecting our network.
We may also use your Personal Data for our other legitimate commercial interests, such as to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our Services; planning, development, manufacturing, sales, installation and maintenance of machines and equipment; to assist in security and fraud prevention; to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; to facilitate our business operations, to operate company policies and procedures; to enable us to make corporate transactions, such as any merger, sale, reorganization, transfer of OMRON's assets or businesses, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event; or for other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law.
- Use of information based on your consent: We may use the Personal Data referred to above in the subsection 'Special categories of Personal Data' for the purposes set out in this but we will only do so after we have received your consent thereto.
We may use your Personal Data for marketing communications (based on your profiles) via email, SMS or other electronic means with your consent to do so.
You can withdraw your consent at any time; see the section 'Your rights' below.
- To comply with our legal obligations: Your Personal Data can be used to maintain appropriate business records, to comply with lawful requests by public authorities and to comply with applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required by law.
We share your personal data with the following parties:
If you would like to contact any of these companies, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Service Providers and Processors. We engage third party vendors, from time to time, including:
- Business partners, suppliers (such as IT service providers) and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or to provide services on our behalf;
- Financial institutions, mostly to carry out credit related investigations regarding our customers;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website, such as Google Analytics.
- Partners. We can sometimes offer you a service in co-operation with partners (for example, co-sponsors or licensors, licensees or distributors of our branded products). We will therefore need to disclose your Personal Data to those partners. In accordance with the applicable law, we will take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your Personal Data and only process it in accordance with our instructions or as co-controllers. We will also clearly notify you of the sharing, and you will have the choice to object to this. Where legally required, we will ask for your prior consent.
- Third parties in case of legal requirement. We also disclose your Personal Data if disclosure is required by law or in the context of an investigation, regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us, or to protect the rights of OMRON and or our affiliated companies and the security of our systems and website.
- Third parties in connection with a corporate transaction. In addition, information about our customers, including Personal Data, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, transfer of OMRON's assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event.
- Third parties in case of offering our e-learning and training courses. Where you complete one of these courses on the basis of your employment, we may share Personal Data with your employer. Please refer to your employer for the handling of your Personal Data for this purpose.
- Other third parties based on consent. We also disclose information about you, including Personal Data to any other third party, where you have consented or requested that we do so.
5.International transfer of your Personal Data
In most cases your Personal Data will be processed within the European Economic Area. However, please be informed that OMRON will also transfer and process any Personal Data you provide to us to countries other than your country of residence, for example to Japan. The laws of these countries may not provide the same level of protection to your Personal Data. OMRON will therefore seek to ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place and that all applicable laws and regulations are complied with in connection with such transfer, more in particular for Personal Data transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. This means that we entered into legally necessary contracts with recipients of your Personal Data, including standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission or other supervisory authority where required.
You are entitled to receive a copy of any documentation showing the suitable safeguards that have been taken by making a request via [email@example.com].
OMRON will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss.
We retain your Personal Data only for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected (for example, for the time necessary for us to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve technical problems), unless a longer period is required by law or necessary to defend a legal claim.
Subject to the conditions set forth in the applicable law, you have the right to request, review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Data that you have provided to us or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of such personal data for purposes of transmitting it to another company, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your request. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please tell us what Personal Data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have it suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of it. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain Personal Data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
In the event your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time by sending an email email@example.com specifying your request, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites, such as our business partners, social media networks, branch organizations and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please consult these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
10. Changes to the policy
11. Contact us