Dental Clinical Unit
Touchless switch (sensing of hand)
- ・Turn on/off the illumination in a touchless manner by sensing the hand.
Issues & Requests
- ・Want to change the switch to the touchless type from the viewpoint of sanitation and adopt an easy-to-clean structure.
- ・Want to ensure detection of the palm by the sensor.
- ・Want to eliminate the sensor’s malfunction due to external disturbing light.
General sensors may not be able to detect the hand. In addition, the sensor may unintentionally sense a distant object.
Since the sensor is installed toward the outside of the equipment, it may malfunction due to the incident external disturbing light such as sunlight and illumination.
- ・Adopted model:
Light convergent reflective sensor B5W-LB2112-1
- ・This sensor is optically designed to detect objects such as specular, black, and transparent objects.
Therefore, it is effective for detecting the palm.
- ・Because the sensing distance is limited, malfunctions caused by unintended distant objects can be avoided.
- ・By placing a thin transparent cover on the front of the sensor and flattening it, it is possible to design equipment with a drip-proof structure that is easy to clean.
- ・This sensor has a function that makes it less susceptible to disturbance light via light. However, it may malfunction depending on the type and intensity of the light disturbance, so install a sensor to prevent the light disturbance from entering.
For details, refer to B5W-LB Series: Light Convergent Reflective Sensor User’s Manual.
- Distance Characteristics for
Various Reflective Objects
- Receiver Output-Sensing Distance