Photomicrosensors (photointerrupters) Application Examples
Typical application examples of Photomicrosensors (photointerrupters) are as follows. Even if the device is different, it may be useful for solving problems, so please refer to it.
Application Examples (9)
Switch ON/OFF checking
- ・To detect the ON/OFF setting status of breaker's mechanical switch and confirm that it is not welded or has poor contact.
Issues & Requests
- ・Need a small optical sensor to be built into a breaker.
- ・Want to reduce man-hours and stabilize quality by surface mounting for mass production.
- ・Adopted model:
SMD type Photomicrosensor (photointerrupter)
- ・In the case of switches with contact opening/closing, devices installed outdoors may cause contact failure due to sulfurization or oxidation depending on the surrounding environment.
Photomicrosensors are ideal for such applications thanks to the reliability of equipment due to their non-contact nature.
- ・Adopting a surface mount device (SMD) reduces mounting man-hours and stabilizes the soldering quality, as well as reducing the size of the devices.
- ・SMD type ultra-compact reflective sensor EE-SY199 is also used for thin type breakers.