Application Example (2-02)
Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV)
- ・Detect obstacles such as magnetic tape around the guiding line of the automated guided vehicle (AGV) to stop the vehicle.
Issues & Requests
- ・Want to sense obstacles around the guiding line in an appropriate range.
- ・Need a small-sized long-distance reflective sensor because of the limited mounting space.
- ・Want to eliminate sensor’s malfunctioning due to external disturbing light.
- ・Adopted model:
Light diffuse reflective sensor B5W-DB1452-1/-2
- ・In spite of its small size, this sensor realizes long distance detection by light modulation method and optical lens design. And it is effective for detection at a position away from the equipment.
- ・This sensor has a function that makes it less susceptible to disturbance via light. However, it may malfunction depending on the type and intensity of the light disturbance, so install a sensor to prevent the light disturbance from entering.
- ・Depending on the application, the variable detection sensing distances are available: B5W-DB11A1-A-1 is effective if you want to avoid malfunctions caused by objects you do not want to detect.
This sensor can change the detection distance by changing the LED current with an external resistor.