Touchless switch (sensing of fingers)
- ・Change the start push switch of the drink server to the touchless switch by utilizing the sensor to detect the fingers.
Issues & Requests
- ・Change the contact switch to the touchless switch from the viewpoint of sanitation and longer useful life of the equipment.
- ・Ensure non-contact sensing of the fingers.
- ・Eliminate sensor’s malfunction due to external light disturbanc.
The button switch used frequently must be replaced depending on its mechanical life. In particular, when a plastic sheet is adopted to the contact component, the component gets worn and broken before the switch reaches the end of its life.
General optical sensors may not be able to sense an object of low reflectance, for example, when the user wears black gloves. In addition, if the sensor detects a distant object unintentionally, the drink may drop without any cup.
In addition, since the sensor is installed toward the outside of the equipment, it may malfunction due to the incidental external light disturbance such as sunlight and illumination.
- ・Adopted model:
Light convergent reflective sensor B5W-LB1112-1
- ・This sensor is optically designed to detect low-reflection objects such as with black color. Therefore, it is effective for detecting fingers. In addition, the detection area is limited, so it does not detect distant objects even with high reflectivity.
- ・By placing a thin transparent cover on the front of the sensor and flattening it, it is possible to design equipment that is easy to clean with a drip-proof structure.
- ・This sensor has a function that makes it less susceptible to disturbance via light. However, it may malfunction depending on the type and intensity of the light disturbance, so install a sensor to prevent the light disturbance from entering.
For details, refer to B5W-LB Series: Light Convergent Reflective Sensor User’s Manual.
- Distance Characteristics for
Various Reflective Objects
- Receiver Output-Sensing Distance Characteristics