Optical Sensing Technology
A technology that detects the presence or absence of objects, distance, displacement, etc. with high precision, by capturing the nature of light waves and particles
- Optical Design Technology
- The light convergent reflective optical system realizes an optical system that enables stable detection even in very low reflective light conditions such as black or transparent objects, etc. by optical simulation that combines 4 types of toroidal lenses.
- High-Precision Arithmetic Technology
- Higher precision and multi-functional processing for optical sensor signals are achieved through effective use of original circuit processing and algorithms.
The light convergent reflective optical system that enables stable detection of black, transparent and mirror-surfaced objects (Optical Design Technology)
An optical system that convergents the emitting light and the light-receiving area has been realized with OMRON’s optical design technology.It is capable of sensing objects only within a specific distance from the sensor (the range in which the projection beam and the light-receving area overlap).
Unlike general reflective sensors, limited reflective sensors are capable of stable detection of black, transparent and glossy (mirror) objects.
3D Output Through Arithmetic Circuit and Embedded Software (High-Precision Arithmetic Technology)
A TOF※1 sensor uses the flight time of light to measure distances to objects.3D displays are made possible by measuring the distance of each dot of 320 x 240 pixels※2
※1 TOF = Time of Flight
※2 The distance cannot be measured for some pixels, depending on the angle of view.
High Precision Using Arithmetic Processing(High Precision Arithmetic Technology)
Smart sizing technology allows a processor to be equipped in order to correct variations in the image sensor and optical system, effects of ambient temperature, etc., achieving distance precision of ±2% (2 m).
- Transparent Object Sensing
- The light convergent reflective optical system enables stable detection of transparent objects previously difficult to detect, as well as of mirror-surfaced and black objects.
- Autonomous Robot Obstacle Detection
- A distance image sensor (3D TOF sensor) that measures 3D space is used to detect obstacles for safe navigation of the robot.