Coffee Brewer B
Sense presence of cup
- ・Sense the presence of the drinking cup and prevent the liquid from dropping in the absence of the cup.
Issues & Requests
- ・Want to ensure detecting of various types of cups.
- ・Want to detect the cup irrelevant to the varying position of the cup.
- ・Want to eliminate malfunction of the sensor due to external disturbing light.
For the coffee brewer, various types of cups are used by the equipment users.
Moreover, a sensor of long sensing distance is needed because the cup is not set precisely in the position.
In addition, since the sensor is installed toward the outside of the equipment, it may malfunction due to the incidental external disturbing light such as sunlight and illumination.
- ・Adopted model:
Light convergent reflective sensor B5W-LB2112-1
- ・This sensor is optically designed to detect objects such as specular, black, and transparent objects. Therefore, it is useful for detecting various types of cups, such as white, matte black, and transparent.
- ・Since the detection range for various objects is wide, the positional variation of the cup can be tolerated to some extent. See the figures below.
- ・This sensor has a function that makes it less susceptible to disturbance via light. However, it may malfunction depending on the type and intensity of the light disturbance, so install a sensor to prevent the light disturbance from entering.
For details, refer to B5W-LB Series: Light Convergent Reflective Sensor User’s Manual.
- Distance Characteristics for
Various Reflective Objects
- Receiver Output-Sensing Distance Characteristics