Analysis Equipment A
Sense presence of various test-tubes
・Detect the presence of various types of test-tubes set in a predetermined position.
Issues & Requests
- ・Want to stably detect transparent or various-colored test-tubes (including the cap).
- ・Want to adopt a sensor capable of detecting the test-tube newly added by the instrument user.
- ・Want to downsize the instrument by using a sensor detecting no background objects.
Test-tubes are classified into various types by color and material, such as transparent, translucent, and colored in orange and brown. General sensors may not detect various test-tubes stably because the range of the sensible distance is narrowed down due to the color or surface state of the test-tubes.
In addition, if raising the sensor’s sensitivity to increase the range of the sensible distance, background objects are sensed, so downsizing of the instrument may become difficult.
- ・Adopted model:
Light convergent reflective sensor B5W-LB2112-1
- ・The sensor has an optical design that incorporates specular reflection to detect various objects, such as glossy surfaces, black, and transparent. It is capable of stable detection regardless of test-tube variations.
- ・Since the sensing range is broad to various objects (refer to the figures below), this sensor allows variations in test-tube positions to some extent.
- ・This sensor contributes to the downsizing of the instrument because there is no influence from background objects in the predetermined non-sensing range.
For details, refer to B5W-LB Series: Light Convergent Reflective Sensor User’s Manual.
- Distance Characteristics for
Various Reflective Objects
- Receiver Output-Sensing Distance Characteristics