Contributing to global efforts to accelerate carbon neutrality
In response to the social issue of climate change (global warming), we, as a manufacturer
of electronic components, will work globally to achieve carbon neutrality through
the "DMS Green Project" by utilizing and further advancing our proprietary technologies.
What is “DMS Green Project”?”
This is a project in which OMRON’s Device & Module Solutions Company (DMS), which itself plays a part in the supply chain, will promote activities to contribute to global carbon neutral initiatives through its corporate activities.
Specific project guidelines
- Offering components and services for clean energy-related equipment, EV-related systems, and energy-saving systems for houses and buildings
- Offering components and services to help customers decarbonize their products and reduce carbon emissions when customers produce products
DMS's "GREEN PROJECT" takes on the challenge of contributing to achieving carbon neutrality throughout the customer's entire value chain by linking the three initiatives of products, production process, and purchase.
DMS contributes to carbon neutrality through the supply of its products.
- A: Contribution to clean energy-related equipment
- B: Contribution to decarbonization of customers' products
- C: Reduction of carbon emissions when customers produce products
DMS is constantly working to develop products and construction methods that are effective in reducing CO2 emissions during production. DMS will further accelerate the use of clean energy during production.
- Improvement of energy productivity
(Improvement of productivity and energy efficiency)
- Reduction of disposal loss
- Production using clean energy
DMS practices the procurement of environmentally friendly materials based on OMRON’s group-wide supply chain management. In addition, DMS promotes the visualization of CO2 emissions of DMS electronic components in customer procurement.
- Carbon footprint, DPP (Digital Product Passport), etc.