Photomicrosensors (photointerrupters) Application Examples
Typical application examples of Photomicrosensors (photointerrupters) are as follows. Even if the device is different, it may be useful for solving problems, so please refer to it.
Application Examples (6)
Analysis Equipment B
Positioning of workpiece transfer mechanism
- ・To detect and position the origin of a workpiece to control the rotational/linear motion of the workpiece transfer mechanism of the analyzer.
Issues & Requests
- ・Need a slot type sensor that is small, but wide enough to tolerate a certain amount of rattling of the object to be detected.
- ・Want to stabilize the soldering quality by reflow soldering.
- ・Want to reduce the number of components due to simplify the substrate for sensor mounting.
- ・Adopted model:
Photo IC output type Photomicrosensor (photointerrupter)
- ・This sensor is small but has a wide slot width of 5 mm (case width: 9 mm), which allows for a certain amount of rattling of the object to be detected. Adopting a surface mount device (SMD) stabilizes the soldering quality.
- ・The photo-IC output has a fixed threshold value, making circuit design easier. Compared to phototransistor output, the number of components can be reduced due to fewer electronic components in the subsequent circuits.