Photomicrosensors (photointerrupters) Application Examples
Typical application examples of Photomicrosensors (photointerrupters) are as follows. Even if the device is different, it may be useful for solving problems, so please refer to it.
Application Examples (5)
Analysis Equipment A
Trackball rotation speed/direction detection
- ・To detect the number/direction of disk rotations in each of the X and Y axes linked to the trackball rotation.
Issues & Requests
- ・Want to reduce the number of components and assembly man-hours by simplifying the device structure.
- ・Want to stabilize the soldering quality by surface mounting.
- ・Adopted model:
SMD type Photomicrosensor (photointerrupter)
- ・The number of components and assembly man-hours can be reduced by using a 2-channel type sensor instead of two photomicrosensors per axis.
- ・The short and fixed distance between the two channels (beams) provides a stable signal and also can reduce the size of the trackball unit.
- ・Adopting a surface mount device (SMD) reduces mounting man-hours and stabilizes the soldering quality.