Photomicrosensors (photointerrupters) Application Examples
Typical application examples of Photomicrosensors (photointerrupters) are as follows. Even if the device is different, it may be useful for solving problems, so please refer to it.
Application Examples (2)
Disc rotation speed/direction detection
- ・To count the number of disk rotations and detect the direction of rotation in the diaphragm linkage mechanism.
Issues & Requests
- ・Want to achieve long-term operation by reducing the power consumption of the battery-powered device.
- ・Want to improve the reliability of equipment by using an optical sensor without contact opening and closing for outdoor installation.
- ・Want to reduce man-hours and stabilize quality by surface mounting for mass production.
- ・Adopted model:
SMD type Photomicrosensor (photointerrupter)
- ・Pulse driving of Photomicrosensors allows for low power consumption and longer battery life.
- ・In the case of switches with contact opening/closing, devices installed outdoors may cause contact failure due to sulfurization or oxidation depending on the surrounding environment. Photomicrosensors can improve the reliability of equipment due to their non-contact nature.
- ・Adopting a surface mount device (SMD) reduces mounting man-hours and stabilizes the soldering quality.