Product Details Portlet
High Power and High Temperature Type
(*) Ultra Librarian uniquely created ECAD data based on the information provided by OMRON. Please note that OMRON does not guarantee the accuracy, concurrence or completeness of ECAD data.
G9KA PCB Power Relays
High Power and High Temperature Type
Power Relay with 800 VAC 200 A
Breaking and Ultra-Low Contact Resistance
- 800 VAC/200 A breaking
- Ambient temperature 85°C
- High impulse withstand voltage, 10 kV
- Contact gap ≥4.0 mm (Applied to VDE0126)
- Low initial contact resistance ≤0.2 mΩ (when 200 A of current is applied)
＊ Please check ”Precautions” before using G9KA.
|Model||2D/3D CAD||ECAD(Download symbol,FootPrint,3DCAD)
* External site (Ultra Librarian) opens in a new window.
Note: This web page provides an excerpt from a datasheet. Refer to Product Datasheet and other applicable documents for more information.
|Terminal shape||Contact form||Enclosure rating||Model||Rated coil voltage (V)||Minimum packing unit|
|Standard||SPST-NO (1a)||Flux protection||G9KA-1A||12 VDC
- When ordering, add the rated coil voltage to the model number.
Both the coil voltage on the product case and the packing will be marked as□□VDC.
|Contact material||Ag Alloy (Cd free)|
|Rated load||50A at 800 VAC/
800 VAC 150 A switch on, 200 A carry current, 200 A switch off
|Rated carry current||200A|
|Max. switching voltage||800 VAC|
|Max. switching current||200A|
|Contact resistance∗1||0.2 mΩ max.|
|Operate time∗2||30 ms max.|
|Release time∗2||10 ms max.|
|Insulation resistance∗3||1,000 MΩ min.|
|Dielectric strength||Between coil and contacts||5,000 VAC, 50/60 Hz for 1 min|
|Between contacts of the same polarity||2,000 VAC, 50/60 Hz for 1 min|
|Impulse withstand voltage||Between coil and contacts||10 kV (1.2 × 50 μs)|
|Vibration resistance||Destruction||10 to 55 to 10 Hz, 0.5 mm single amplitude (1.0 mm double amplitude)|
|Malfunction||Excitation: 10 to 55 to 10 Hz, 0.5 mm single amplitude (1.0 mm double amplitude)|
|Shock resistance||Destruction||1,000 m/s2|
|Malfunction||Excitation: 100 m/s2|
|Durability||Mechanical||100,000 operations min. (at 18,000 operations/h)|
|Electrical (Resistive)∗4||800 VAC 50 A switch on, 200 A carry current, 50 A switch off; 30,000 operations min.
800 VAC 150 A switch on, 200 A carry current, 200 A switch off; 10 operations min.
(Switching frequency: 1 second ON - 9 seconds OFF at 85°C)
|Failure rate (M level) (Reference value) ∗5||1 A at 5 VDC|
|Use conditions||Coil holding voltage∗6||45% to 60% of rated coil voltage|
|Ambient operating temperature||-40°C to +85°C (with no icing or condensation)|
|Ambient operating humidity||5% to 85%|
|Weight||Approx. 220 g|
∗ Average value
- As this relay is a high-voltage and high-current type, there is a risk of abnormal heat generation, smoke generation or fire if you use the relay with a contact voltage, current, or for a number of times beyond the specified range. Use only within the specified ranges.
- If the power is switched on when the connections are insufficient, there is a risk of abnormal heat generation. Do not connect and use probes and sockets on individual relays.
- If the power is switched on when the connections are insufficient, there is a risk of abnormal heat generation. Please install and use relays under recommended conditions.
Precaution for Safe Use
- Do not use relays that have been dropped as they may not function properly.
Precaution for Correct Use
●Coil Voltage Reduction (holding voltage) after Relay Operation
- Use this relay with coil voltage reduction.
- Apply the rated voltage for 0.1 to 3 seconds to the coil first.
- The range of coil rated voltage must be set as 100 to 120%, and holding voltage must be 45 to 60%. Do not exceed the ranges due to the change of coil voltage change and so on.
|Applied coil voltage||Coil resistance∗||Coil power consumption|
|Rated voltage||100 to 120%||28.8Ω(DC12)
|Approx. 5 to 7.2 W|
|Holding voltage||45 to 60%||Approx. 1.0 to 1.8 W|
●Diode Connection for Operating Coil
- Connect diode or zener diode (or varistor) to the coil (refer to the picture below).
Diode is for coil surge absorption. Ensure to include zener diode as there is a possibility of any influence for switching capability when only using diodes.
- Coil has no polarity. Connect the diodes in the reverse polarity of the voltage applied to the coil.
- The recommended zener diode voltage is 3 times that of the rated coil voltage.
- Use diodes with reverse dielectric strength 10 times or more that of coil rated voltage, and with forward current more than coil rated current.
●PCB Terminal Soldering
- Solder at 290°C for 20 seconds (max.) in soldering bath.
- It is not possible to wash relay as this is not fully sealed type.
- To reduce the risk of specification deterioration, assemble relays in a dust free, low humidity and non-corrosive gas environment.
- Take care when mounting relays to utilize adequate anchorage on both sides of PCB to optimize heat transfer and reduce risk for both heat and mechanical stress.
- This product weight is about 220 g. Be careful of the strength of PCB. To reduce soldering crack due to heat stress, use both sides through hole PCB.
- This relay's electrical endurance specification is based on our company's standard test procedure with resistive loads.
Relays intended for use with remove; types of drive circuits PWM, capacitive, resistive dropper etc.), types of loads (e.g. capacitive or inductive), and switching cycles (duty and operation timing) must be tested to confirm suitability to the actual intended application.
- The final failure mode is failure to break the circuit. In such a case, burning may extend to surrounding components.
Implement safety circuits and other measures to minimize the risk of mechanical failure.
- This is a power relay for high power switching. Do not use for micro loads such as signal switching.