OMRON ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS, LLC
Updated October 11th, 2021
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this Policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define “personal information” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. This Policy applies when you use our website located at https://components.omron.com/ (the “Site”) and other online products and services that link to this Policy (collectively, our “Services”), contact our customer service team, engage with us on social media, or otherwise interact with us in Canada.
This Policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
Some Omron affiliates’ sites and services (e.g. Omron.com, Omronhealthcare.ca and automation.omron.com/en/ca/) are governed by that Omron affiliate’s own separate privacy policies and practices. All other websites, Services, or products made available by Omron or any third party will be governed by those respective privacy policies and practices.
Your personal information may be transferred to and stored in a third party server outside of Canada (see Transferring Your Personal Information).
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register with, or use this Site or any Services. By accessing or using this Site, you indicate that you understand, accept and consent to the practices described in this policy.
This Policy may change from time to time (see Changes to this Policy). Your continued use of this Site and any Services after we make changes indicates that you accept and consent to those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates. We will notify you in advance of any material changes to this Policy to any new ways that we collect, use, and disclose your personal information.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information you choose to provide. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, sign up to receive our newsletter or other email communications from us, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, communicate with us via third-party platforms, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Interact with Us
We collect information automatically through your use of our Services. When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect certain information, including:
- Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, application version, device language, and accelerometer data (when using the mobile application). We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from third-party sources. For example, we may collect information about you from advertising networks, internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, and you directly.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect directly, automatically and through other sources to deliver the Services you request and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide our Services to you, communicate with you about your use of our Site and Services, respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes;
- Tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, offer location customization, offer personalized help and instructions, and otherwise personalize and improve your experiences while using the Site or Services;
- Send marketing and promotional information, including news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third-party products and services, to the extent permitted by law and, where required, with your consent;
- Authenticate your identity;
- Provide, maintain, and improve our products and Services;
- Better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes;
- Send you customer experience surveys, questionnaires, and recall notices;
- Personalize and improve your experience on our Services;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Omron and others and provide news and information that we think will interest you (see the Updating, Accessing, Correcting and Deleting My Personal Information section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Advertising and Third Party Analytics section below);
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and protect the rights and property of Omron and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Monitor your compliance with any of your agreements with us;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations;
- Manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an actual or potential acquisition, disposition or merger; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Cross-Device Tracking Use
We and our third-party service providers may use the information that we collect about you (whether directly through your device(s), or from a third-party) to identify other devices that you use (e.g. a mobile phone, tablet, other computer, etc.). This information helps us and our service providers serve targeting advertising on your devices and to send you emails. See the section in this Policy titled Advertising and Third-Party Analytics below for more information.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell your information for monetary consideration. We share your information, including personal information in the limited circumstances described as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf based on our instructions, and in compliance with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures and only use the information for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Such purposes include web hosting, shipping and delivery, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising.
- Product review or post content. If you submit a product review or post content in another public area of our products and services, we share this information publicly on our Site and/ or Services.
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries. This allows each entity to comply with applicable laws, regulations and requirements, and ensures that your information is consistent, accurate and up to date. In addition, it increases the quality and relevance of the services you receive and improves your interactions with Omron through easier access to your information within the group. If we do share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Advertising and Third Party Analytics. We share the information with third-party to provide analytics and serve advertisements on our behalf across the web, see Advertising and Third Party Analytics section below. You may change your Cookies settings displayed in our Site’s footer anytime if you want to opt out of this type of sharing.
- Professional advices and in response to Legal Process. We may share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interest. We may also disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our user agreements or policies, or as evidence in litigation in which Omron is involved.
- Business Transfer. We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
Links To Other Websites and Applications
The Site or our other Services may contain various links to, as well as plug-ins or widgets from, social media and other third-party websites or applications, which may provide additional information, goods, services, and/or promotions. These third-party websites or applications are owned and operated independently of Omron and have their own separate privacy and data collection practices. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any third party; therefore, you should review their privacy policies and practices prior to interacting with their websites or applications, using any of their tools, or sharing any of your personal information with them.
Advertising and Third Party Analytics.
When you use the Site and our Services or its content, certain third parties may collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include analytics companies, your mobile device manufacture and/or your mobile service provider. We use automated application, such as Google BigQuery, Segment and Mixpanel, to evaluate usage of our Services. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance, and user experiences. These third parties may use the tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information and online activities over time and across different Services and other online services.
These third parties may use this information to provide you with behavioral advertising or other targeted content. You can opt-out of several third party ad servers’ and networks’ cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or Network Advertising Initiative. You can also access these two websites to learn more about online behavioral advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they use them. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Additionally, we also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
Transferring Your Personal Information
You are welcome to contact us at email@example.com to obtain further information about other Omron privacy policies for the information stored in the United States or other countries.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security completely. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, mobile device, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer or device, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity. If you have a security-related concern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We keep your personal information only for so long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including as described in this Policy. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary for our legitimate business interests or as required by law and under certain circumstances, we may retain your personal information indefinitely if it believes in good faith that we have a legal basis and/ or obligation to do so. We may anonymize or aggregate your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Updating, Accessing, Correcting and Deleting My Personal Information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law, you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. In some situations, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information. This may be the case where, for example, disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual, the information was collected for the purpose of an investigation or where disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information that, if disclosed, could harm our competitive position. We may also be prevented by law from providing access to certain personal information. When an access request is refused, we will notify you in writing, document the reasons for refusal and outline further steps which are available to you.
We store information associated with your account until your account is deleted. You can delete your account at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that it may take a bit of time to delete your account information, and we may preserve it for legal reasons or to prevent harm, including as described in the How We Share Your Information section.
We will make a reasonable effort to ensure that personal information we are using or disclosing is accurate and complete. In most cases, we rely on you to ensure that your information is current, complete and accurate.
If you demonstrate the inaccuracy or incompleteness of personal information, we will amend the information as required. If appropriate, we will send the amended information to third parties to whom the information has been disclosed. When a challenge regarding the accuracy of personal information is not resolved to your satisfaction, we will annotate the personal information under our control with a note that the correction was requested but not made.
Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you make your decision.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Promotional Emails or other Uses of My Personal Information?
As permitted by law and where required, with your consent, we may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out or unsubscribe of such communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions or link contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, please understand that we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
You may also withdraw your consent to our collections, uses and disclosures of your information at any time, subject to legal, contractual and other restrictions, provided that you give us reasonable notice of your withdrawal of consent. When we receive notice of withdrawal of consent, we will inform you of the likely consequences of that withdrawal of consent, which may include our inability to provide certain services for which that information is necessary.
Users Under 18
Our services are not designed for users under 18. If we discover that a user under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems. If you believe we might have personal information from or about a user under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services, please contact Omron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact us at:
Omron Electronic Components, LLC
Attn: Legal Department (Data Privacy)
2895 Greenspoint Parkway, Hoffman Estates, IL 60196
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site or any other Services that we provide to you. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice and give you an opportunity to review in advance of such change by highlighting the change.