Explain how to read the operate voltage, release voltage, and maximum allowable voltage of a relay listed in the product catalog.
Please refer to the product catalog's coil voltage ratings to understand the operate and release voltages per relay.
Understanding operating voltage, release voltage and maximum allowable voltage
Power relay G2R and signal (communication) relay G6K are explained as examples.
- The AC100/(110) specification is based on a 100 VAC coil and can be used as follows:
- AC100V: Can be used for both 50 Hz and 60 Hz
- AC100V: Can be used for 60 Hz only
- The AC200/(220) specification is based on a 200 VAC coil and can be used as follows:
- AC200V: Can be used for both 50 Hz and 60 Hz
- AC200V: Can be used for 60 Hz only
- Relays with lower power consumption tend to have higher maximum allowable voltages.
- The maximum allowable voltage is the maximum voltage that can be applied to the relay coil, not the continuous allowable value.
|Product category||Relays Signal Relays Power Relays|