G3VM-□MT MOS FET Relay Module
1 pA max. leakage current*
contributes to high device reliability
- Equipped with a T-switch function to achieve fA-level minimal
leakage current and contributes to measurement performance
equivalent to conventional reed relays
- Contact form: 1a (SPST-NO) + T-switch function
- Contributes to reduction of the mounting space on the printed
circuit board with a small package＊ VOFF =20 V, 50 V, 80 V
|Model||2D/3D CAD||ECAD(Download symbol,FootPrint,3DCAD)
* External site (Ultra Librarian) opens in a new window.
|Package||Contact form||Terminals||Load voltage
|Continuous load current
|Tape cut packaging||Tape packaging|
|20 V||200 mA||G3VM-21MT||1 pc.||G3VM-21MT (TR01)||100 pcs.|
|60 V||800 mA||400 mA||G3VM-61MT||G3VM-61MT (TR01)|
|100 V||550 mA||G3VM-101MT||G3VM-101MT (TR01)|
Absolute Maximum Rating (Ta=25°C)
|Input||LED forward current for main control||IF Main||30||mA|
|LED forward current for sub control||IF Sub||30||mA|
|LED forward current reduction rate||ΔIF/°C||-0.3||mA/°C||Ta ≥ 25°C|
|LED reverse voltage||VR||5||V|
|Output||Load voltage (AC peak/DC)||VOFF||20||60||100||V|
|Continuous load current
|ON current reduction rate||ΔIO Main/°C||-2||-8||-5.5||mA/°C||Ta ≥ 25°C|
|Pulse ON current||IOP||600||2400||1650||mA||t=100 ms, Duty=1/10|
|Dielectric strength between I/O ∗||VI-O||500||Vrms||AC for 1 min|
|Ambient operating temperature||Ta||-40 to 110||°C||With no icing or condensation|
|Ambient storage temperature||Tstg||-40 to 125||°C|
|Soldering temperature||-||260||°C||10 s|
Electrical Characteristics (Ta=25°C)
|Input||LED forward voltage
for main control
|VF Main||Minimum||2.2||V||IF Main=10 mA|
|LED forward voltage
for sub control
|VF Sub||Minimum||1.1||IF Sub=10 mA|
main control terminals
|CT Main||Typical||15||pF||V=0, f=1 MHz|
sub control terminals
|Trigger LED forward
|IFT Main/Sub||Maximum||3||mA||IO=100 mA|
|Release LED forward
|IFC Main/Sub||Minimum||0.1||IOFF=10 uA|
with output ON
|RON Main||Typical||8||0.4||0.8||Ω||IF Main=5 mA, t < 1 s
IO Main=Continuous load current rated value
|Current leakage when
the main line is open and sub line is close ∗1
|COFF||Typical||0.6||38||23||pF||V=0, f=1 MHz|
|Capacitance between I/O terminals||CI-O||Typical||1|
between I/O terminals
|RI-O||Minimum||1000||MΩ||VI-O=500 VDC, ROH ≤ 60%|
|Main line Turn-ON time||tON Main||Typical||-||0.75||0.6||ms||G3VM-21MT：VDD=10 V,
IF Main=5 mA, RL=200 Ω∗2
|Main line Turn-OFF time||tOFF Main||Typical||-||0.04|
|Sub line Turn-ON time||tON Sub||Typical||-||0.2||0.6||G3VM-21MT：VDD=10 V,
IF Main=5 mA, IF Sub=5 mA, RL=200 Ω∗3
|Sub line Turn-OFF time||tOFF Sub||Typical||-||0.04|
Recommended Operating Conditions
For usage with high reliability, Recommended Operation Conditions is are measures that take into account the derating of Absolute Maximum Ratings and Electrical Characteristics.
Each item on this list is an independent condition, so it is not simultaneously satisfying conditions.
|Load voltage (AC peak/DC)||VDD||Maximum||16||48||80||V|
|Operating LED forward current||IF||Minimum||5||mA|
|Continuous load current (AC peak/DC)||IO Main||Maximum||200||800||550|
|Ambient operating temperature||Ta||Minimum||-20||°C|
Connection Example 1
|Circuit||Control||MOS FET RELAY
A, C (Main line)
|MOS FET RELAY
B (Sub line)
Connection Example 2
|IF Main||IF Sub||MOS FET RELAY
A, C (Main line)
|MOS FET RELAY
B (Sub line)
- Unless otherwise specified, the dimensional tolerance is ± 0.1 mm.
Appearance / Terminal Arrangement / Internal Connections
Precautions for Safe Use
- Do not apply overvoltages or overcurrents to the input or output circuits of the product.
The product may fail or ignite.
- Perform soldering and wiring correctly according to specified soldering conditions.
Using a product with incomplete soldering may cause overheating when power is applied, possibly resulting in burning.
Precautions for Correct Use
You must consider derating to achieve the required system reliability.
To use a product with high reliability, consider derating the maximum ratings and recommended operating conditions, and allow sufficient leeway in designs based on testing operation in the actual application under the actual operating conditions whenever possible.
- Maximum Ratings
The maximum ratings must never be exceeded even instantaneously. This applies individually to each of the ratings. If any of the maximum ratings is exceeded, the internal parts of the product may deteriorate or the chip may be destroyed. To ensure high reliability in using a product, sufficiently derate the maximum voltage, current, and temperature ratings when designing the application.
- Recommended Operating Conditions
The recommended operating conditions are to ensure that the product turns ON and OFF reliably.
To ensure high reliability in using a product, consider the recommended operating conditions when you design the application.
- Fail-Safe Design
We recommend that you implement fail-safe measures in the design of the application if the failure of, deterioration of characteristics in, or functional errors in the product will have a serious affect on the safe operation of the system.
Countermeasures for static electricity
There is a risk of damage to internal elements and impairment of functionality if static electricity is discharged to the pins due to product handling or otherwise.
Reduce the generation of static electricity as much as possible, and implement appropriate measures to prevent charge accumulation near the product.
Typical Product Driving Circuit Examples
The LED input side of the MOS FET is driven by current. If applying a voltage, add resistance in series with the circuit, so the specified current is applied.
This resistance is referred as "LED current limiting resistance."
To ensure that the product operates correctly, use the following formula to calculate the limiting resistance, and design the circuit accordingly.
To ensure that the product resets reliably, calculate the reset voltage using the formula below, and control so that the voltage is lower than this value.
- If the drive transistor has a large leakage current that may cause malfunctioning, add a bleeder resistance.
Protection from Surge Voltage on the Input Pins
If any reversed surge voltage is imposed on the input pins, insert a diode in parallel with the input pins as shown in the following circuit diagram and do not impose a reversed voltage of 3 V or higher.
Protection from Spike Voltage on the Output Pins
If there is an inductive load or other condition that will cause overvoltage that exceeds the absolute maximum rating between the output pins, connect a protective circuit to limit the overvoltage.
- Do not short-circuit the input and output pins while the product is operating or it may malfunction.
- Do not connect the input and output in reverse.
- Do not construct a circuit so that overcurrent and burning occur if the 4, 5 and 6 pins are short-circuited.
- When transportation and installing the product, do not drop the product or subject it to abnormal vibration or shock. It may cause deterioration of product characteristics, malfunction or failure.
Avoid transportation in the following conditions as it may cause failure or deterioration of characteristics.
- Circumstance subject to water or oil.
- Circumstance subject to high temperature or high humidity.
- Circumstance where the temperature changes radically and condensation occurs.
- State the product is not packed.
Cleaning Flux from the products
- Clean flux from the product so that there will be no residue of reactive ions, such as sodium or chlorine.
Some organic solvents will react with water to produce hydrogen chloride or other corrosive gases, which may cause deterioration of the products.
- When washing off the flux with water, make sure that there will be no residue of reactive ions, particularly sodium or chlorine.
- During water washing, do not scrub the marks on the surface of the product with a brush or your hand while there is cleaning liquid on the product. The marks may come off.
- Clean the flux from the products with the chemical action of the solvent for submersed cleaning, shower cleaning, or steam cleaning. To minimize the effect on the products, do not place the product in the solvent or steam for more than 1 minute at a temperature of 50°C.
If you use ultrasonic cleaning, keep the time short. If the cleaning time is too long, the sealing characteristics of the molded resin and frame materials may deteriorate.
The recommended basic conditions are given below.
Recommended Conditions for Ultrasonic Cleaning:
Frequency: 27 to 29 kHz
Ultrasonic wave output: 300 W max. (0.25 W/cm2 max.)
Cleaning time: 30 s max.
Also, suspend the products in the cleaning solution so that the product and PCB do not come into direct contact with the ultrasonic transducer.
- Dry thoroughly after washing so that there is no residue of washing liquid.
Perform solder mounting under the following recommended conditions to prevent the temperature of the MOS FET Relays from rising.
Manual Soldering (Once Only)
Perform manual soldering at 260°C for 10 s or less.
- Store the products where they will not be subjected to water leaks or direct sunlight.
- When transporting or storing the product, observe all precautions on the packaging boxes.
- Keep the storage location at normal temperature, normal humidity, and normal pressure. Guidelines for the temperature and humidity are 5 to 35°C and a relative humidity of 45% to 75%.
- Do not store the product in locations that are subject to corrosive gases, such as hydrogen sulfide gas, or to salt spray, and do not store them where there is visually apparent dust, iron powder or dirt.
- Store the product in a location that has a relatively stable temperature. Radical changes in temperature during storage will cause condensation, which may oxidize or corrode the leads and interfere with solder wetting.
- If you remove products from the packages and then store them again, use storage containers that have measures to prevent static electricity.
- Do not under any circumstances apply any force to the products that would deform or alter them in any way.
- This product is warranted for one year from the date of purchase or the date of delivery to the specified location.
If the products are stored for more than about one year under normal conditions, we recommend that you confirm solderability before you use the products.
< Mounting >
Do not install the product with oil or metal powder.
This may cause insulation deterioration.
< Temperature >
The electrical characteristics of the products are limited by the application temperature.
If you use them at temperatures outside of the operating temperature range, the electrical characteristics of the products will not be achieved and the products may deteriorate. For that reason, you must determine the temperature characteristics in advance and apply derating* to the design of the application. (*Derating reduces stress.) Consider derating in the operating temperature conditions and apply the recommended operating temperature as a guideline.
< Humidity >
To ensure long-term reliability, consider derating the operating humidity conditions and operate within the following humidity range.
When operating in a high-humidity environment, moisture intrusion may cause deterioration or failure of the internal semiconductor elements. Also, in systems with high signal source impedance, leakage current between the board and product reeds can cause a malfunction.
When operating in a low-humidity environment, suppress the generation of static electricity as much as possible and take appropriate measures to prevent static electricity buildup around the product.
Static electricity discharge may damage the semiconductors inside the element and prevent normal operation.
< Replace >
- Be sure to turn off the power when replacing parts. There is a risk of electric shock.
< Disposal >
- This product uses compound semiconductors containing GaAs (gallium arsenide). Do not destroy, cut, crush or chemically decompose the product as the powder and vapor generated are harmful to the human body.
Considerations when handling Products
< Moisture proof package, MSL5 >
Surface mount products may have a crack when thermal stress is applied during surface mount assembly after they absorb atmospheric moisture. Therefore, please observe the following precautions.
- This moisture proof bag may be stored unopened within 12 months at the following conditions.
Temperature: 5°C to 30°C
Humidity: 90% (Max.)
- After opening the moisture proof bag, the devices should be assembled within 48 hours in an environment of 5°C to 30°C / 60%RH or below.
- If upon opening, the moisture indicator card shows humidity 30% or above (Color of indication changes to pink) or the expiration date has passed, the devices should be baked in taping with reel. After baking, use the baked devices within 48 hours, but perform baking only once.
Baking conditions: 120±5°C. For 72 hours.
Expiration date: 12 months from sealing date, which is imprinted on the label affixed.
- Repeated baking can cause the peeling strength of the taping to change, then leads to trouble in mounting. Furthermore, prevent the devices from being destructed against static electricity for baking of it.
- If the packing material of laminate would be broken the hermeticity would deteriorate.
Therefore, do not throw or drop the packed devices.
- Tape-cut products are packaged without humidity resistance. Use manual soldering to mount them. (MSL not supported)