D6F-V MEMS Flow Sensor
A Compact Sensor That Uses OMRON's Unique Flow Path Structure for High-performance Flow Velocity* Measurement.
- Anti-dust performance enhanced by OMRON’s unique three-dimensional flow path structure.
- Extremely compact, measuring only 24 ✕ 14 ✕ 8 mm.
*The flow velocity is the value calculated from the mass flow rate in OMRON's specified wind tunnel.
It does not indicated the flow velocity determined by the Measurement Law of JAPAN.
|Model||2D/3D CAD||ECAD(Download symbol,FootPrint,3DCAD)
* External site (Ultra Librarian) opens in a new window.
|Air||0 to 3 m/s||D6F-V03A1|
Accessory (Sold separately)
|Flow Range (See note 1.)||0 to 3 m/s|
|Calibration Gas (See note 2.)||Air|
|Electrical Connection||Three-pin connector|
|Power Supply||3.15 to 3.45 VDC|
|Current Consumption||15 mA max. with no load, with a Vcc of 3.3 VDC, and at 25°C|
|Output Voltage||0.5 to 2 VDC (non-linear output, load resistance of 10kΩ)|
|Accuracy||±10% FS (25°C characteristic)|
|Repeatability (See note 3.)||±1.5% FS|
|Output Voltage (Max.)||2.7 VDC (Load resistance: 10 kΩ)|
|Output Voltage (Min.)||0 VDC (Load resistance: 10 kΩ)|
|Rated Power Supply Voltage||12 VDC|
|Rated Output Voltage||3 VDC|
|Degree of Protection||IEC IP40 (except for flow inlet and outlet)|
|Operating Temperature (See note 4.)||−10 to 60°C|
|Operating Humidity (See note 4.)||35% to 85%|
|Storage Temperature (See note 4.)||−40 to 80°C|
|Storage Humidity (See note 4.)||35% to 85%|
|Temperature Characteristics||±20% FS for 25°C characteristic at an ambient temperature of −10 to 60°C|
|Insulation Resistance||Between Sensor outer cover and lead terminals: 20 MΩ min. (at 500 VDC)|
|Dielectric Strength||Between Sensor outer cover and lead terminals: 500 VAC, 50/60 Hz min. for 1 min (leakage current: 1 mA max.)|
Note: 2. Dry gas. (must not contain large particles, e.g., dust, oil, or mist.)
Note: 3. Reference (typical)
Note: 4. With no condensation or icing.
|Pin No.||1: Vcc
|Connector||SM03B-SRSS-TB (made by J.S.T. Mfg. Co.)|
Use the following connectors from J.S.T. Mfg. Co. Ltd. to connect the D6F:
• Pressure-welded Connectors Socket: 03SR-3S
• Crimp Connectors
• Wires: AWG32 to AWG28
MEMS Flow Sensors
Precautions for Correct Use
•Safety devices for ensuring safety for persons
•Transportation equipment control (such as applications to stop operation)
•Aviation and space equipment
•Nuclear power equipment
Do not use the D6F for applications in which D6F operation would directly affect human life.
Fluids, Pipe Mounting and Sensor InstallationAll D6F Models
(2) Do not use corrosive gases other than the specified applicable fluids (such as chlorine, sulfur, acid,or alkali) . Doing so may cause product failure.
(3) The specified performance may not be obtained if the D6F is used for fluids other than the specified applicable fluids.
(4) After removing the Sensor from the package, do not allow foreign particles to enter the piping. Foreign particles in the piping may cause product failure.
(5) Install the Sensor so that the fluid flows in the direction indicated by the arrow on the Sensor. Correct measurements cannot be obtained if the fluid flows in the wrong direction. This does not apply to the D6F-V, D6F-P and D6F-PH.
(6) It is recommended that the Sensor (except for the D6F-A3) be mounted horizontally. If it is not mounted horizontally, an error of ±1% FS or higher may result.
(7) Install the Sensor on a flat surface. Incorrect installation may damage the Sensor and make it impossible to obtain correct measurements.
(8) Make sure that the power to all equipment is turned OFF before you install the Sensor. Installing the Sensor while the power supply is ON may result in electrical shock or abnormal operation.
(9) Always check operation after installation.
(10) Do not drop the Sensor or disassemble the cover.
(2) Use M3 panhead screws to install the Sensor, and tighten them to a maximum torque of 0.59 N•m.
(3) This Sensor does not contain any protective circuits. Never allow the electrical load to exceed the maximum ratings. Doing so may damage the circuits. Install protective circuits if required.
(4) Mount the Sensor so that the flow inlet side (the side with the logo) is perpendicular to the windward side and ensure that the flow inlet and flow outlet are not blocked in any way. If the Sensor is not mounted correctly, accurate measurements cannot be made.
•Locations directly subject to heat radiated from heating equipment
•Locations subject to water or oil
•Locations subject to direct sunlight
•Locations subject to intense temperature changes
•Locations subject to icing or condensation
•Locations subject to excessive vibration or shock
Countermeasures against Noise
Consider the following countermeasures.
•Allow as much space as possible between the Sensor and devices that generates high frequencies (such as high-frequency welders and high-frequency sewing machines) or surges.
•Attach surge absorbers or noise filters to noise-generating devices that are near the Sensor (in particular, equipment with inductance, such as motors, transformers, solenoids, and magnetic coils).
(It also helps to separate pipes and ducts, and to use shielded cables.)
•Use the applicable connectors. Directly soldering the connection terminals will cause product failure. (except for the D6F-PH)
•Check the terminal names and polarity and wire the power supply correctly. Incorrect wiring will cause failure of internal components.
•When using a commercially available switching regulator, ground
the FG (frame ground) and G (ground) terminals.
•The sensor shall only be handled in electrostatic discharge protected areas (EPA) under protected and controlled conditions
* RoHS marking may be terminated if it is later determined that parts that were previously treated as RoHS compliant are not compliant due to circumstances at the supplier of the parts.
RoHS Compliance Criteria
(Items to which the RoHS Directive is not applicable are not given.)
•Lead: 1,000 ppm max.
•Hexavalent chromium: 1,000 ppm max.
•Mercury: 1,000 ppm max.
•PBB: 1,000 ppm max.
•Cadmium: 100 ppm max.
•PBDE: 1,000 ppm max.