D6F-AB71 MEMS Flow Sensor
Reduction of Piping time by quick joint connection.
- Reduce the influence of pulsation flow by bypass flow path
- 30 L/min and 70 L/min of Air can be measured.
- Compact size of 30 × 84.6 × 32 mm (H × W × D).
MEMS Flow Sensor
|Quick joint P14||Air||0 to 30 L/min||D6F-30AB71-000|
|0 to 70 L/min||D6F-70AB71-000|
|Flow Range (See note 1.)||0 to 30 L/min||0 to 70 L/min|
|Calibration Gas (See note 2.)||Air|
|Flow Port Type||Quick joint P14|
|Electrical Connection||Three-pin connector|
|Power Supply||10.8 to 26.4 VDC|
|Current Consumption||15 mA max. with no load and Vcc of 12 to 24 VDC, GND = 0 VDC, 25°C|
|Output Voltage||1 to 5 VDC (non-linear output, load resistance of 10 kΩ min.)|
|Accuracy||±3%F.S. (25°C characteristic)|
|Repeatability (See note 3.)||±0.3%F.S.|
|Output Voltage (Max.)||5.7 VDC (Load resistance: 10 kΩ)|
|Output Voltage (Min.)||0 VDC (Load resistance: 10 kΩ)|
|Rated Power Supply Voltage||26.4 VDC|
|Rated Output Voltage||6 VDC|
|Degree of Protection||IEC IP40 (Excluding tubing sections.)|
|Withstand Pressure||100 kPa|
|Pressure Drop (See note 3.)||0.88 kPa||3.49 kPa|
|Operating Temperature (See note 4.)||−10 to +60°C|
|Operating Humidity (See note 4.)||35 to 85%RH|
|Storage Temperature (See note 4.)||−30 to +80°C|
|Storage Humidity (See note 4.)||35 to 85%RH|
|Temperature Characteristics||±3%F.S. for 25°C characteristic at an ambient temperature of –10 to +60°C|
|Insulation Resistance||Between sensor outer cover and lead terminals: 20 MΩ min. (at 500 VDC)|
|Dielectric Strength||Between sensor outer cover and lead terminals: 500 VAC, 50/60 Hz min. for 1 min (leakage current: 1 mA max.)|
Note: 2. Dry gas (must not contain large particles, e.g., dust, oil, or mist.)
Note: 3. Reference (typical)
Note: 4. With no condensation or icing.
|Pin No.1: Vcc
Connector53398 (Made by Molex Japan)
Use the following connectors for connections to the D6F:
Housing51021 (Made by Molex Japan)
Terminals50079 (Made by Molex Japan)
WiresAWG28 to AWG26
MEMS Flow Sensors
Note 1. The flow path inlet and outlet ports conform to P14-type female quick-connect joints. (The tube inlet and outlet ports have the same shape.)
* P14 is the number of an O-ring specified in JIS B 2401.
* The O-ring groove in the male joint must conform to P14 in JIS B 2406.
* Please obtain a male joint separately.
Note 2. To mount the Sensor with 2.6-dia. holes, use P-type self-tapping screws with
a nominal diameter of 3 mm and tighten them to a torque of 1.2 N·m max.
The screw threads must engage for 5.5 mm min.
Note 3: Use the following connectors to connect to the Sensor.
Connector : GHR-04V-S (JST)
Terminals : SSHL-002T-P0.2 (JST)
Wires : AWG26 to AWG30
Circuit numbers : 1. Vcc, 2. SDA, 3. SCL, and 4. GND.
|Cable (Order Separately)
Recommended Quick joint male P14 type
If using a Rc3/8 converter joint, the following is recommended.
Precautions for Correct Use
•Safety devices for ensuring safety for persons
•Transportation equipment control (such as applications to stop operation)
•Aviation and space equipment
•Nuclear power equipment
Do not use the D6F for applications in which D6F operation would directly affect human life.
Fluids, Pipe Mounting and Sensor InstallationAll D6F Models
(2) Do not use corrosive gases other than the specified applicable fluids (such as chlorine, sulfur, acid,or alkali) . Doing so may cause product failure.
(3) The specified performance may not be obtained if the D6F is used for fluids other than the specified applicable fluids.
(4) After removing the Sensor from the package, do not allow foreign particles to enter the piping. Foreign particles in the piping may cause product failure.
(5) Install the Sensor so that the fluid flows in the direction indicated by the arrow on the Sensor. Correct measurements cannot be obtained if the fluid flows in the wrong direction. This does not apply to the D6F-V, D6F-P and D6F-PH.
(6) It is recommended that the Sensor (except for the D6F-A3) be mounted horizontally. If it is not mounted horizontally, an error of ±1% FS or higher may result.
(7) Install the Sensor on a flat surface. Incorrect installation may damage the Sensor and make it impossible to obtain correct measurements.
(8) Make sure that the power to all equipment is turned OFF before you install the Sensor. Installing the Sensor while the power supply is ON may result in electrical shock or abnormal operation.
(9) Always check operation after installation.
(10) Do not drop the Sensor or disassemble the cover.
(2) Do not apply excessive force to the adapter section when connecting the pipes. If strong force is applied to the connected pipes, or if strong force is applied directly to the adapter section while holding the Sensor, it may damage the Sensor or cause leakage.
Use male, P10-type quick-connect joints for the D6F-A7/-L7/-N7/-A7D and P14-type quick-connect joints for the D6F-AB71/-AB71D.
Note. There is a possibility that leak damage or faulty of the body occurs when static load of more than 40 N is applied to 300 mm from the center of product as fulcrum point.
•Locations directly subject to heat radiated from heating equipment
•Locations subject to water or oil
•Locations subject to direct sunlight
•Locations subject to intense temperature changes
•Locations subject to icing or condensation
•Locations subject to excessive vibration or shock
Countermeasures against Noise
Consider the following countermeasures.
•Allow as much space as possible between the Sensor and devices that generates high frequencies (such as high-frequency welders and high-frequency sewing machines) or surges.
•Attach surge absorbers or noise filters to noise-generating devices that are near the Sensor (in particular, equipment with inductance, such as motors, transformers, solenoids, and magnetic coils).
(It also helps to separate pipes and ducts, and to use shielded cables.)
•Use the applicable connectors. Directly soldering the connection terminals will cause product failure. (except for the D6F-PH)
•Check the terminal names and polarity and wire the power supply correctly. Incorrect wiring will cause failure of internal components.
•When using a commercially available switching regulator, ground
the FG (frame ground) and G (ground) terminals.
•The sensor shall only be handled in electrostatic discharge protected areas (EPA) under protected and controlled conditions
* RoHS marking may be terminated if it is later determined that parts that were previously treated as RoHS compliant are not compliant due to circumstances at the supplier of the parts.
RoHS Compliance Criteria
(Items to which the RoHS Directive is not applicable are not given.)
•Lead: 1,000 ppm max.
•Hexavalent chromium: 1,000 ppm max.
•Mercury: 1,000 ppm max.
•PBB: 1,000 ppm max.
•Cadmium: 100 ppm max.
•PBDE: 1,000 ppm max.