G7EB PCB Power Relay
High Power and High Temperature Type
Power Relay with 480 VAC 100 A Current
- 480 VAC/100 A high current switching
- 60 VDC/100 A for normal/reverse direction switching
- Ambient temperature 85°C
- High impulse withstand voltage, 10 kV
- Contact gap ≥3.6 mm (Applied to VDE0126)
- Low initial contact resistance ≤5 mΩ
|Terminal shape||Contact form||Enclosure rating||Model||Rated coil voltage (V)||Minimum packing unit|
|Standard||SPST-NO (1a)||Flux protection||G7EB-1A||12 VDC
Both the coil voltage on the product case and the packing will be marked as VDC.
|Rated voltage||Rated current(mA)||Coil resistance(Ω)||Must operate voltage(V)||Must release voltage(V)||Max. voltage(V)||Power consumption(mW)|
|% of rated voltage|
|12 VDC||Approx. 235.3||51||75% max. *||5 to 32%||120%
Approx. 575 *
|24 VDC||Approx. 116.5||206|
|Contact material||Ag Alloy (Cd free)|
|Rated load||100 A at 480 VAC, 40A at 800 VAC
100 A at 60 VDC, 50 A at 60 VDC, 40 A at 60 VDC
|Rated carry current||100 A|
|Max. switching voltage||800 VAC, 60 VDC|
|Max. switching current||100 A|
|Contact resistance *1||5 mΩ max.|
|Operate time *2||30 ms max.|
|Release time *2||10 ms max.|
|Insulation resistance *3||1,000 MΩ min.|
|Dielectric strength||Between coil and contacts||5,000 VAC, 50/60 Hz for 1 min|
|Between contacts of the same polarity||2,000 VAC, 50/60 Hz for 1 min|
|Impulse withstand voltage||Between coil and contacts 10 kV (1.2 × 50 μs)|
|Vibration resistance||Destruction||10 to 55 to 10 Hz, 0.75 mm single amplitude (1.5 mm double amplitude)|
|Malfunction||Excitation: 10 to 55 to 10 Hz, 0.75 mm single amplitude (1.5 mm double amplitude)
No excitation: 10 to 55 to 10 Hz, 1.5 mm single amplitude (0.3 mm double amplitude)
|Shock resistance||Destruction||1,000 m/s2|
|Malfunction||Excitation: 100 m/s2
No excitation: 50 m/s2
|Durability||Mechanical||1,000,000 operations min. (at 10,800 operations/h)|
|Electrical (Resistive) *4||(1) 480 VAC 100 A 300 operations min.
(2) 800 VAC 40 A switch on, 100 A carry current,
40 A switch off; 30,000 operations min.
(3) 60 VDC 100 A 400 operations min.
(4) 60 VDC 50 A 1,000 operations min.
(5) 60 VDC 40 A 6,000 operations min.
(Switching frequency: 1 second ON - 9 seconds OFF at 85°C)
|Failure rate (P level) (Reference value) *5||1 A at 5 VDC|
|Use conditions||Coil holding voltage *6||45% to 65% of rated coil voltage|
|Ambient operating temperature||-40°C to 85°C (with no icing or condensation)|
|Ambient operating humidity||5% to 85%|
|Weight||Approx. 100 g|
For more detail, please refer to ●Diode Connection for Operating Coil on Precautions. *5. The value was measured at a switching frequency of 180 operations/ minute. *6. For the detail regarding holding voltage usage, please refer to ●Coil Voltage Reduction (Holding Voltage) after Relay Operation on Precautions.
Malfunction shock resistance
Measure the value of contact malfunction happening by applying 3 axes with 6 direction 3 times each.
The energized voltage is within the range of the rated holding voltage.
Excitation 100 m/s2
No excitation 50 m/s2
|Standard type G7EB-1A
PCB Mounting Holes
Terminal Arrangement/ Internal Connections
|Special terminal type G7EB-1AP1
PCB Mounting Holes
Terminal Arrangement/ Internal Connections
- ・ The relay is limited for mounting direction due to the specification of operation voltage and electrical durability.
Do not use in any other direction except as indicated in below chart. There is a risk of reduced operational lifetime for failure to observe this warning.
●Coil Voltage Reduction (Holding Voltage) after Relay Operation
- ・ Use this relay with coil voltage reduction.
- ・ Apply the rated voltage for 0.1 to 3 seconds to the coil first.
- ・ The range of coil rated voltage must be set as 100 to 120%, and holding voltage must be 45 to 65%. Do not exceed the ranges due to the change of coil voltage change and so on.
|Applied coil voltage||Coil resistance *||Coil power consumption|
|Rated voltage||100 to 120%||51 Ω||Approx. 2.8 to 4.0 mW|
|Holding voltage||45 to 65%||Approx. 0.57 to 1.2 mW|
●Diode Connection for Operating Coil
- ・ Connect diode or Zener diode (or Varistor) to the coil (refer to the picture below).
Diode is for coil surge absorption. Ensure to include Zener diode as there is a possibility of any influence for switching capability when only using diodes.
- ・ Coil has no polarity. Connect the diodes in the reverse polarity of the voltage applied to the coil.
- ・ The recommended Zener diode voltage is 3 times that of the rated coil voltage.
- ・ Use diodes with reverse dielectric strength 10 times or more that of coil rated voltage, and with forward current more than coil rated current.
●PCB Terminal soldering
- ・ Solder at 290°C for 20 seconds (max.) in soldering bath.
- ・ It is not possible to wash relay as this is not fully sealed type.
- ・ To reduce the risk of specification deterioration, assemble relays in a dust free, low humidity and non-corrosive gas environment.
- ・ Take care when mounting relays to utilize adequate anchorage on both sides of PCB to optimize heat transfer and reduce risk for both heat and mechanical stress.
- ・ This product weight is about 100 g. Be careful of the strength of PCB. To reduce soldering crack due to heat stress, use both sides through hole PCB.
- ・ Do not use relays in the event of any droppage.
- ・As this relay is high voltage and high current type, there are increased risks of abnormal heat generation or fire if you use in a application inconsistent with published specification. Use only within specified rating.
- ・ This relay's electrical endurance specification is based on our company's standard test procedure with resistive loads.
Relays intended for use with remove; types of drive circuits PWM, capacitive, resistive dropper etc.), types of loads (e.g. capacitive or inductive), and switching cycles (duty and operation timing) must be tested to confirm suitability to the actual intended application.
- ・ When using with a DC load, the final failure mode is failure to break the circuit. In a worst-case scenario, burning may extend to surrounding components. Implement safety circuits and other measures to minimize the risk in case of the unlikely event of a failure.
- ・ This is a power relay for high power switching. Do not use for micro loads such as signal switching.