XC6D Double-row Flat Cable Connectors, DIN C-type (No Center Row)
Wider range of uses than normal DIN Connectors
- Two types of Connectors, for flat cables and discrete wires. Select the type for your application.
- Flat Cable Connectors (XC6D, XC6H) enable VME bus configurations (daisy chain) and backplane systems.
- The Discrete-wire IDC Connectors (XC6V) have solderless contacts and use separated contact blocks to significantly reduce the number of harnesses.
Last order Date:31,Mar,2021
|No. of contacts||Socket (See note.)
Note: Strain Relief sold separately.
|Rated current||1A||0.65A||3 A max.|
|Rated voltage||250 VAC||100 VAC||300 VAC|
|Contact resistance||20mΩ max. (at 20 mV, 100 mA max.)|
|Insulation resistance||1,000MΩ min. (at 500 VDC)|
|Dielectric strength||500 VAC||300 VAC||650 VAC||1 minute, leakage current 1 mA max.|
|Total insertion force||0.59 N per contact max.|
|Removal force||0.15 N min. (with test gauge, t = 0.56 mm)|
|Insertion durability||200 times|
|Ambient operating temperature||-55 to 105℃||(with no icing at low temperature)|
1.27-mm Pitch/Flat Cables for XC6D for Connectors
About Solderless Connections (IDC)
• Use only the XC6 IDC Tool to insure reliability.
• Contact your OMRON representative for details on the IDC Tool.
• Check the contact size (No. 1 or No. 2) and wire size before connecting.
• Do not use wires other than UL-tested 7-strand wires.
• Do not touch the contacts during connection.
• Due to the construction of the Single-row Contacts and the Dummy Board, the long-hand direction is weak. Do not bend it.
• After making the connections, check that:
1. The wires are inserted all the way into the slots.
2. The wires are centered in both slots.(Fig. 1.)
3. Insulation displacement margin should be adequate. (a)
4. The height of the connections in both slots is equal. (Fig. 2)
5. The insulation barrel completely covers the wires.
• An insertion length of 9 mm is required,which should be taken into account when preparing a wire for connection.
Inserting into the Connector Housing
• Three Single-row Contacts (or DummyBoards) can be stacked in the same direction. Position the Contacts (or Dummy Boards) by using the tabs on the surface).
• Make sure that the tabs on the three Contact match the slots on the housing. Push them until they snap together.
Removing from the Connector Housing
Insert a flat-blade screw driver into the gap under the flaps on the back of the unit as shown in the diagram. Push the screw driver in the direction of the arrow (down). Use a wide screw driver that can remove all three Single-row Contacts.
Mating with the XC6V Connector
• The XC6V can mate with the XC5 or XC3 Triple-row, 96-contact Plugs.
• It can also mate with other DIN standard (DIN 41612) connectors.
• Be sure to hold the Connector Housing when removing the XC6V from the Plug. Do not try to remove it by pulling on the wire.